United_Kingdom_UK    Apply for United Kingdom (UK) Tourist Visa

Indian applicants who wish to apply for a visa can find all information for types of visa and documents requirement, visa fees and general guidelines for Indian citizen who wish to travel United Kingdom (UK) with Tourist Visa.

VISA is referred by Embassy & applicant need to come personally to submit & collect the passport him/her self.

General Requirements

Applicant to fill the online visa form. The website address is:-

Applicant visit on website and needs to click on the button APPLY ONLINE

You need to select the purpose of visit in the options given.

After filling up the online visa form you will get an option for appointment date.

With this printout applicant needs to visit VFS for biometrics.

Visa fees has to be paid online using Visa or MasterCard debit or credit cards or via e-wallet (PayPal or Skrill).

UK has announced a change in collection of Visa Documents from the VFS Application Centers:-For all visa applications submitted from Wednesday 10th October, 2012, it will no longer be possible for a third party to collect the documents on behalf of an applicant, except in the following cases:-

A parent collecting for a dependent child;

One member of a family group collecting the passports for the whole family;

Government Ministry representatives and a Business Express Programme company representative, approved by the company's authorized signatories.
Applicants who do not wish to collect their documents in person, and whose documents cannot be collected by one of the above, should select return delivery by courier at the time they make their visa application.

The Applicant should have a passport valid for the entire duration of stay in the United Kingdom. The applicant should also attach the previous passports (these are to show your previous travel history). The passport must contain at least 1 page that is blank on both sides, so that visa can be inserted.

One visa application form to be filled online as mentioned above.

One passport-size photograph, not more than 6 months old. It should be un-mounted, 45 mm x 35 mm in size, against a white background, and should be glued (not stapled) to the application form.

A covering letter from the Applicant, giving reasons of travel.

Evidence of your permission to be in the country where you are applying, if you are not a national of that country:- This could be a residence permit, 'green card' or valid visa showing your current immigration status.

A planned itinerary, if you have one. This could include:
  • bookings or tickets for any excursions, trips and outings
  • email conversations about any excursions, trips and outings
  • travel agent bookings

  • Supporting letter(s) from your friend or sponsor in the UK:- If you are visiting a friend you may wish to include a letter of invitation from them as well as their financial documents, as outlined in the finances and employment section. You should also consider supplying evidence of their immigration status in the UK, this could be copies of:
  • bio-data pages from their passports.
  • valid visa or immigration stamp from their passport.
  • Home Office letter confirming permission to stay in the UK

  • Evidence of your marital status:- This could include a marriage certificate, a civil partnership certificate, a divorce certificate or a death certificate.

    Evidence of your current employment or studies:- This could include:
  • A letter from your employer on company headed paper - detailing your salary and the length of your employment, confirming that you have been given time off work and stating whether this time off is paid or unpaid. You should consider submitting further documents which could support an employment letter, such as, pay slips or tax returns. If you have recently entered new employment you should consider providing details of your previous employment and salary history.
  • A letter from your education provider on headed paper - confirming your enrolment and leave of absence.
  • Business registration documents confirming the business owner's name and the date when the business started trading.

  • Financial and Employment Documents: You can submit any of the following financial documents. You should consider including evidence of your total monthly income from all sources, for example employment, friends, family, personal savings or property. This will help us assess your circumstances in your own country and will provide us with evidence of how your trip is to be funded. You should consider providing this information even if someone else is paying for your trip.
  • If someone else is paying for your trip then they should consider providing the same information about their finances and employment.
  • If you are providing documents from a joint account then please explain who the other account holders are, and why you have permission to spend money from the account.
  • If your spouse or partner is employed then the Entry Clearance Officer would also like to see evidence of their
  • o Employment and financial details.

  • Bank statements or bank books:- Showing what has been paid in and out of an account for up to the previous six months, and naming the account holder. If you have made deposits in your account that are not in keeping with the account history then you may wish to explain the origins and timing of these deposits.

    Bank letter or balance certificate:- Showing the account balance, the account holder's name and the date when the account was opened. If you provide this document you should consider providing additional documents to show the origins of the money in your account.

    Pay slips:- Covering up to the previous six months. If your salary is paid directly into your bank account, you should consider providing the statements showing these payments.

    Tax returns (business or personal):- You could include recent documents from your government tax office, confirming your income and the amount of tax that you have paid.

    Business bank account statements:- If you include these you may wish to explain why you are allowed to spend the money from a business account if you are on a private visit.

    Evidence of income from property or land:- This could include property deeds, mortgage statements, tenancy agreements, accountant's letters, land registration documents or crop receipts. If the property or land is registered in several names, you may wish to explain how much you own. If the money earned from the land is shared, you may wish to say how it is divided.

    Details of accommodation and return travel bookings:- This could be:
  • hotel booking confirmation (usually email)
  • travel booking confirmation (can be email or copy of tickets)
  • travel agent confirmation of both
  • Accommodation details with a supporting letter from the occupant confirming that you are able to stay there.

  • Visa validity varies from 6 months to 10 years and allows a maximum stay of up to 6 months starting from the date of entry into the UK.

    The consular rate of exchange is £ 1=Rs.105 Please note the visa fees are subject to change.

    Note: Visa fees has to be paid online using Visa or MasterCard debit or credit cards or via e-wallet (PayPal or Skrill).

    Visa Fee :
    Single or Multiple Visit Valid up to 6 months Rs.7395/-
    Longer term multiple entry (up to 2 years)Rs.28050/-
    Longer term multiple entry (up to 5 years)Rs.51000/-
    Longer term multiple entry (up to 10 years)Rs.63920/-

    Processing Time : 15-30 Working days

    Contact us   ( A Unit of DTT Holidays)

    GC-20 Shivaji Enclave, Near Rajouri Garden. India.    (+91) 11 41558787,    24X7 HelpLine (+91) 11 41558787

    Copyright © 2016, All rights reserved.